Monday, March 31, 2014

Spoiled Shrimp on the Barbie

I'm so happy to have found this color finally! I had seen it at the first CVS I went to, but the only bottle they had had spilled and was all dried out. Third time was the charm and I was able to bring this nifty color home.
Besides having a great name, Spoiled Shrimp on the Barbie is just a neat color. I'd almost call it a duochrome... depending on lighting, it's orange or pink or coral or almost gold. It's got chunky flecks, but dries smooth.
The formula was a bit odd though, it's thick and kinda goopy. Application was simple, but it took a while to dry even after using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat. Usually the Insta-Dri has a certain hardness after a while, but with this polish it never quite seemed to get there. It retained a sense of gumminess... it's hard to describe.
The color is worth it though and I'm glad to have this polish in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment